Shoulder pain is one of the conditions most commonly treated by Chiropractors. Frozen shoulder, shoulder or elbow pain, or tennis elbow are all common – but often, pain in the shoulder and arm is actually referred pain from the upper back and the neck.
Poor sleeping position, using hand held, or mobile gaming devices for long periods of time and carrying heavy bags are all common causes. Many children and teenagers suffer shoulder pain from having to carry heavy bags and rucksacks to and from school or college. Chiropractic care can be especially beneficial in preventing long-term problems for this younger age group.
Getting to the Cause of Your Problem
If you are suffering from shoulder pain, for any treatment to be effective, it is vital to identify the cause. Chiropractors never prescribe anti inflammatory medication or painkillers that may mask the symptoms, but always perform a thorough evaluation of all the potential causes of pain.
So please call us at Bradford House Chiropractic today on 01962 861188 as taking prompt action and getting the cause of your shoulder pain checked out early will enable it to be resolved and avoid the possibility of it turning into a long-term, chronic, problem.
What to Expect From Chiropractic Care for Shoulder Pain
Your Chiropractor will examine your spine, shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand in order to identify whether, the cause of your pain arises from a bone, joint or soft tissue problem. X-Rays may be required, but are only taken when clinically necessary.
Sometimes, the identified cause is not suitable for Chiropractic treatment. If this is the case, you will be referred to another healthcare practitioner in the appropriate specialty to ensure that you get the best possible outcome and speediest resolution of the pain you are experiencing.
For the majority of cases though, a referral is unnecessary as Chiropractic can effectively treat the majority of shoulder pain causes.
What Will Chiropractic Treatment Involve?
Your treatment will include:
• Gentle adjustments of the spine to ensure that the nerves travelling from the spine to the shoulder have not become trapped, pinched or compressed;
• Adjustment of the joints that make up the shoulder;
• Gentle manipulation and mobilization to ensure that everything, including muscles can function correctly;
• A program of stretching and strengthening exercises for you to do at home;
• Dependent on the cause of your pain, Acupuncture and/or Ultrasound may also be used.
Because Chiropractors get to the root cause of the problem, they will be able to give advice on what you can do to help yourself. This may include advice on sleeping position, posture, the ergonomics of your work station, nutrition and other practical measures to avoid a recurrence or worsening of your shoulder pain.
Why You Should Choose Chiropractic
Chiropractic provides an excellent, first choice method of treating shoulder pain without drugs or medication.
Do you have any of the following symptoms?
• Pain in the shoulder joint that has lasted more than a couple of days
• Weakness or restricted range of motion in the shoulder or arm
• A problem raising your arm
• Swelling, bruising or heat felt in the shoulder area
• Pain that keeps coming back at intervals
These are some of the most common shoulder problems that Chiropractic can help with – so please call us on 01962 861188, today!